AllianceHealth Clinton is conveniently located in the heart of Western Oklahoma. Clinton calls Custer County its home and is located 90 miles west of Oklahoma City and 140 miles east of Amarillo, Texas.
The facility is easily accessed via Interstate 40, Highway 183, and Highway 73. There is a municipal airport within 10 minutes of downtown Clinton. The hospital serves customers from Dewey, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Custer, Kiowa and Washita counties with state-of-the-art equipment.
Clinton’s first hospital organization was owned by the City and operated downtown in the JettedBuilding on Frisco Avenue. In 1909, Dr. McLain Rogers assumed administration of the hospital and named it “The Clinton Hospital and Training School”. In 1914 under his administration, the first hospital building was erected at 301 S. Eighth Street containing 25 beds.
The Baptist Convention purchased the hospital in 1935 and changed the name to “Western Oklahoma Baptist Hospital”. Dr. McLain Rogers acquired ownership of the hospital, expanded the bed capacity to 125, and it ran under the name of “McLain Rogers School of Nursing” until 1937.
From 1937 to 1973, the State of Oklahoma owned and operated the hospital. It went by three different names during that span of time: “Western Oklahoma Charity Hospital”, “Western Oklahoma State Hospital”, and “Oklahoma General Hospital”.
The state transferred ownership to the City of Clinton in 1973 and the name was changed to “Clinton Regional Hospital”. In 1976, the Hospital moved into its new facility located at 100 N. 30th Street on the west side of town. The hospital is currently managed by Community Health Systems as "AllianceHealth Clinton".
AllianceHealth Clinton is licensed by the State of Oklahoma as a 56-bed general medical surgical facility The beds are broken down as follows: 33 General Medical/Surgical Adult, 11 Medical Rehabilitation, 10 Bassinets, 8 Obstetrics, and 4 Intensive Care.
The following services are offered at Clinton’s facility through a specific department or specialty clinics held by out-of-town physicians. The specialty clinics expand our range of services and allow us to meet the needs of our community and surrounding areas.