Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually.
Mercy includes 44 acute care and specialty (heart, children’s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
As the Sisters of Mercy before us, we bring to life the healing ministry of Jesus through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
The mission statement of Mercy is an inspiring reminder of our calling. It also unites and directs activities across our entire health and human services ministry.
- Named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, with the only independent study of its kind to combine rigorous analysis of patient care for more than 300 health systems and nearly 3,000 hospitals
- Named a top American employer by Forbes magazine, ranking 108 among 500 employers in the U.S. and spanning 25 industries
- Named 2017 "Most Wired Advanced" health care organization by the American Hospital Association - the fourteenth time since 1999 - and among only a dozen health systems to be designated as advanced by improving chronic disease management services for patients at home and also improving care based on medical literature
- Named one of the world's top health care supply chain operations
- Ranked as the fourth largest medical group in the U.S. based on a report by SK&A, a leading provider of health care data, compliance solutions and market research. Mercy Clinic, Mercy's physician-governed group of medical providers, is in the company of Kaiser Permanente Medical Group (No. 1), Cleveland Clinic (No. 2) and Mayo Clinic (No. 3)
- Ranked the fifth largest Catholic health care system in the nation
- Named an "Elite 100" finalist by InformationWeek for Mercy's information technology, alongside top business technology innovators such as Coca-Cola, FedEx and Boeing
- Named "Project of the Year" by construction insiders for Mercy's storm-hardened hospital in Joplin, Missouri, that has set the standard in tornado readiness