Pioneer physician O.C. Newman, M.D. established the original Shattuck hospital in 1907, and his legacy continues today at Newman Memorial Hospital. For over 100 years, the administration, physicians, nurses, and staff of the hospital have dedicated themselves to the mission of providing compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care to the citizens of Northwest Oklahoma, Southern Kansas, and the Panhandle of Texas. Newman Memorial Hospital is a locally-controlled, municipal hospital but is affiliated with the Saints 1st Alliance, a program with St. Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City that serves 15 hospitals.