The Fun & Fit Camp Counselor supervises a group of school-age children during activities on-site and on field trips.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Fun & Fit Camp Counselor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supervises children by maintaining an overview of the environment so as to know the location and activity of each child under supervision
* Implements a daily program of age appropriate, self-directed activities for school-age children
* Plans and executes weekly activites for assigned group
* Accompanies children on field trips and supervises them at destination
* Responds quickly with first-aid expertise to a variety of emergency situations
* Assists in organizing supplies and materials of the program for efficiency of operation
* Assists with pre-summer program planning and set-up as well as post summer debriefing and closed-down.
Reports to Supervisor, Manager, and/or assigned Director
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Must be able to assume frequent squatting positions including crawling, bending and kneeling at least 50% of the scheduled work time. Required to be present in the water with assigned group of children during all water related field trips.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to childhood illnesses such as chicken pox, measles, etc. Opportunity for accidents resulting from vigorous physical activity. Daily exposure to a variety of weather conditions during outdoor time. Exposure to severe heat during outdoor field trips. Exposed to continuous noise from children's play.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.