The Clinical Education Consultant provides clinical and technical expertise and consultation to the system, facilitates the initiation and adoption of quality measures and process changes, monitors trends and issues in healthcare, fosters the use of systematic analysis of issues, and engages in systematic inquiry ranging from problem solving to research. Through collaboration with system CNOs, department directors, clinical staff and various healthcare disciplines, the clinical education consultant identifies learning needs, designs and facilitates professional development activities, and integrates research to facilitate and lead practice changes This position requires population related competencies.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Education Consultant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assesses education, professional development and competency needs through analysis of quality reports and incidents reports, HR reports, direct observation, and multidisciplinary collaboration.
* Identifies trends and conducts gap analysis between current and desired outcomes and performance.
* Establishes goals and objectives for professional development programs and learning activities to address identified needs.
* Designs, implements, and facilitates formal and informal programs/strategies using adult learning theory and incorporating available evidence established through research to address identified needs.
* Evaluates effectiveness of education, professional development, or process change interventions.
* Provides content expertise and facilitates clinical policies and procedures development, education and implementation into practice.
* Coordinates and facilitates complex education and professional development programs.
* Assists client base with accreditation preparation.
* Conducts program costs, benefits and outcomes analysis.
* Facilitates analysis of clinical data, human resource reports or other cultural issues and identifies strategies for resolution including training or other interventions.
* Plans and coordinates implementation of new technology, clinical practice models and other large scale initiatives.
* Leads organizational strategic initiatives to insure compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
* Facilitates alignment with partners and academic institutions.
* Integrates interdepartmental/interdisciplinary initiatives across campuses or system
* Facilitates the interface between processes, programs or initiatives to ensure organizational and system needs are met.
* Leads process and practice changes to incorporate the latest evidence established through nursing research findings.
* Provides consultation and mentorship to clinical care providers throughout the system for implementation of evidence based practice.
The Clinical Education Consultant reports to the Director of Nursing Education & Research or Rehab Clinical Manager (Samaritan HH only).
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Possible exposure to infectious blood and body fluids, sharps, hazardous radiation and chemicals, inhalation of gas, electrical shock an back injury while teaching in patient care areas and in office or conference center. Also may be exposed to communicable diseases while in patient care areas. May be required to work extended hours, on off shifts and weekends.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.