The Nutrition Services Worker is responsible for the proper portioning and plating of food to patients and/or customers and practices safety and sanitation rules while assembling trays and washing. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Nutrition Services Worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ensures all food items, supplies, and utensils are obtained according to menu requirements and station set-up procedures and ensures correct food temperatures
* Serves food to customers ensuring correct portions and following proper safety and sanitation procedures
* Ensures that the station is attractive and well-stocked during services and the area is clean, neat, and organized
* Tactfully and professionally handles all customer complaints and comments during service
* Works as cashier in cafeteria
* Checks in tally items and menu forecast items for correct quantities and correct types of food received and assembles trays accurately according to patient selection.
The Nutrition Services Worker reports to Director Nutrition Services.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Must be able to speak, read and write English neatly and legibly. Requires frequent walking, bending, reaching above shoulder, lifting up to 40 lbs. Push carts and with up to 100-lb loads.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to heat, cold and noise. Minor cuts and burns possible while dispensing food or using knives.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.