The Food Preparer is responsible for preparing food for facility use and may assist in planning menus and maintaining daily meal counts, inventories, menu planning book, and food orders. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Food Preparer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Prepares and portions food for patients, employees and special functions
* Performs various baking tasks
* Responsible for cleaning and proper use of equipment and reports repairs as needed
* Coordinates standards of quality food handling with proper sanitation standards
* Follows food preparation and storage guidelines as set forth by the Oklahoma State Health Department
* Children's Place and IMH Only: Documents meals and snacks served each day in accordance with the Federal School Lunch guidelines
Reports to the Chef or assigned director or manager.
Children's Place Only: The Food Preparer reports to the Director Children's Place
IMH Only: The Food Preparer reports to the Dietary Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Some possibility of cutting fingers or hands while using knife. Some possibility of burns while cooking. Some possibility of slipping from spills on the floor. Frequently exposed to heat from stove, very cold air from walk-in freezer, and use of various chemicals to maintain cleanliness of kitchen equipment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.