Performs radiologic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Performs a limited scope of CT procedures according to the initial CT Cross-Training Competency Checklist. This position requires age related competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Develops film by automatic processing.
* Provides instruction to Rose State College School of Radiologic Technology students.
* Assists physicians in the preparation and administration of radiographic contrast material.
* Stocks examination rooms and maintains orderliness and cleanliness.
* Assists in equipment calibration and quality control.
* Maintains oxygen and suction devices in the examination rooms on a daily basis.
* Labels all radiographic films using the appropriate "R" and "L" and other identifying markers.
* Transports patients. Properly identifies all patients. Utilizes portable radiographic equipment when necessary for patients that are unable to be transported to the radiology department.
* Uses safety devices such as cones, collimators, lead aprons, gloves, and gonad shields to assure maximum radiation safety.
* Assist in organizing films for filing and interpretation.
* Completes initial IV set up for Computed Tomography procedures including: IV prep, IV insertion, and IV positioning to secure utilization of proper aseptic technique throughout.
* Completes all CT exams as indicated.
Reports to: Chief Technologist and/or Shift Supervisor
Accountable for: Satisfactory attendance by regularly reporting to work for scheduled shift, clocking in at scheduled start time, completing assigned duties in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner. Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposed to possible contaminated or infected accidental needle punctures, inhalation of chemical fumes from processors while developing radiographs, and exposure to radiation. Frequent contact with patients with contagious diseases.
Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized.
Occasional exposure to odor, blood, and chemicals from processors while developing film.
Exposed to a variety of constant interruptions.
Must wear universal protective clothing.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.