The Nurse Practitioner provides medical consultation, routine patient care, and follow-up as directed. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Nurse Practitioner responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Initiates and completes a detailed patient assessment
* Initiates the order of laboratory tests, radiological examinations and other routine diagnostic procedures
* Diagnoses the actual or potential health problem or need, based upon an analysis of the data collected, and plans therapeutic intervention
* Orders and initiates appropriate medication, treatment, and consultation based upon an analysis of the data collected
* Orders or performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing (not involving tendons, arteries or nerves) wound care, venous and arterial blood draws, and managing simple conditions produced by infection, trauma or other disease processes
* Educates the patient regarding prescribed treatment and medication(s)
The Nurse Practitioner reports to the supervising physician and Operations Manager Practice Management
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.