The Medical Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention services and counseling to patients. This position coordinates healthcare services throughout the continuum of care on behalf of the patient and assists in discharge planning. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Medical Social Worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Conducts thorough psychosocial assessment of patient (including emotional, cultural and financial needs) utilizing all available resources
* Provides assistance with evaluation and referral in situations of possible abuse/neglect for adult and pediatric patients
* Implements social service interventions based on psychosocial assessment. Counsels patient/family in adjustment to illness, treatment and the process of grieving/conflict resolution
* Assists patients/family members in obtaining advanced directives and/or durable power of attorney for health care
* Works collaboratively with RN Case Managers and the health care team in formulating and facilitating patient hospital discharge plans
* Acts as a liaison between patients, family members, physicians, interdisciplinary team and external agencies and organizations making referrals as appropriate. Facilitate meetings for discussion of plan of care and discharge planning.
* Maintains and submits all required documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with agency and home health policies and procedures (Home Health only)
* Dictates psychosocial history, and initiates the development of treatment plans and psychosocial clinical protocols (NZTI Only)
* Coordinates and provides support programs to patients and families on consistent basis throughout the year (Cancer Center Only)
The Medical Social Worker Weekend reports to the Department Director.
The Medical Social Worker Weekend reports to Team/Clinical Manager (Home Health and Hospice Only).
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.