St. Anthony Hospital
Under supervision and in collaboration with other health care professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care services for patients.
- Receive patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collect and document data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Document and provide appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Inform licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assist with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders, preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orient new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Perform mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Certification by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Six months nursing assistant/patient care experience with relevant patient populations in an acute, skilled nursing, or specialized facility preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.