St. Anthony Hospital
Under general supervision of the Practice Administrator, perform all duties relating to the reception and waiting areas of the Clinic in addition to assisting patients with physician and insurance referrals as designated by the physician.
- Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and request for information.
- Schedule referrals as directed by the physician to other physicians and/or ancillary services. Schedule appointments. Contact insurance carriers when appropriate for pre-certifications and referrals.
- Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas or to hospital departments. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
- Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
- Maintain patient charts and medical records. Photocopy medical records and send out when authorized. Receive and distribute mail
- Gather data for monthly statistical report. Communicate errors in billing and/or other information to supervisor, and make recommendation for correction.
- Supervise and evaluate office assistants; hold monthly staff meetings. Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment.
- Collect copayment. Communicate in a professional manner to business and industries regarding all outstanding invoices, initiate and make payment arrangements to minimize loss in revenue.
- Review insurance verification and advise patient of third party benefits. Explain third party and self-pay portion of bills to patients and/or guarantor.
- Evaluate financial status of patients accounts, initiate and make payment arrangements according to the workers' compensation payment and insurance regulation, and maintain a continuous follow up process on all accounts to minimize loss in revenue.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous office experience in a physician's office or other health care setting preferred.
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital â€“
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.