St. Anthony Hospital
Perform clerical functions as required to maintain the best chain-of-information on the patient.
- Demonstrate successful achievement of job functions as listed on the competency sheet for Processor. Does Not Meet Standard = Less than 75% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory; Meet Standard = 75% â€“ 95% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory; and Exceeds Standard = More thank 95% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory.
- Accurately label blood specimens.
- Process send outs and dispatch courier.
- Total less than seven errors per month due to any combination of the following: errors due to missed or wrong test orders; errors due to physician information not entered, or pink sheeted or wrong; errors due to admission data not entered, or not pink sheeted or wrong; errors due to insurance data not entered, or not pink sheeted or wrong; error due to diagnosis information not entered, or not pink sheeted or wrong; errors due to accessioning data not entered or wrong; or errors due to not following scripting.
- Answer all phone calls following provided scripting.
- Assess the acceptability of all specimens upon arrival. Verify that specimen was labeled correctly and appears to have been collected appropriately.
- In a timely manner, accurately record specimen receipt in blood bank or Hospital computer system.
- Review and verify information from paper requisitions
- Perform equipment maintenance, inventory, stocking, and cleaning of blood bank area, microbiology area, and main processing area as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Basic computer literacy preferred. Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) certification and drug screen collection certification preferred.
- Previous hospital working experience with some direct patient contact is preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.