SSM Health Oklahoma
Under general supervision of the Office Manager, perform all duties relating to the reception and waiting areas of the Clinic in addition to assisting patients with physician and insurance referrals as designated by the physician.
- Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and request for information.
- Schedule referrals as directed by the physician to other physicians and/or ancillary services. Schedule appointments. Contact insurance carriers when appropriate for pre-certifications and referrals.
- Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas or to hospital departments. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
- Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
- Maintain patient charts and medical records. Photocopy medical records and send out when authorized. Receive and distribute mail
- Gather data for monthly statistical report. Communicate errors in billing and/or other information to supervisor, and make recommendation for correction.
- Supervise and evaluate office assistants; hold monthly staff meetings. Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment.
- Collect copayment. Communicate in a professional manner to business and industries regarding all outstanding invoices, initiate and make payment arrangements to minimize loss in revenue.
- Review insurance verification and advise patient of third party benefits. Explain third party and self-pay portion of bills to patients and/or guarantor.
- Evaluate financial status of patients accounts, initiate and make payment arrangements according to the workers' compensation payment and insurance regulation, and maintain a continuous follow up process on all accounts to minimize loss in revenue.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous office experience in a physician's office or other health care setting preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.