SSM Health Oklahoma
Under general supervision, provide professional nursing carefor patients following established standards and practices. Demonstratesknowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including lateadolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includesphysiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to eachgroup. Under direct supervision of a pharmacist, may work in a clinic admixtureroom, performing the technical and nonjudgmental aspects of medicationpreparation.
- Responsible for obtaining patient vital signs, medication review, laboratory results and accurate documentation of patient assessment in preparation for the physician visit.
- Assist physician with office procedures such as Bone Marrow Biopsy, Pulse Oximetry, Suture Removal.
- Accurate documentation of verbal orders, telephone conversations, scheduled procedures, medication refills.
- Arrange for treatments and procedures at facilities as indicated (blood products, port placement, chemotherapy and infusion services). Communication with treatment room, laboratory department, or any other department and staff to benefit the overall patient care.
- Triage phone calls for physician in order to advise and/or determine if appointment is necessary, accurate and detailed documentation.
- Communication with patient and pharmacies for medication refills, maintaining accurate and complete documentation.
- Oversee the physician schedule and act as liaison between the front office and physician developing a schedule and maintaining an acceptable work flow. Work with the Patient Coordinator scheduling outpatient testing/procedures and admissions.
- Work with the Financial Coordinator ensuring prescribed treatment is available to all in need of financial assistance. Oversee the release of information and completion of insurance forms, disability forms and patient assistance forms.
- Participate in continuing education activities, attend department and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as aRegistered Nurse.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and useof medications in the treatment of cancer.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Oncology certification preferred.
- Three years nursing experience in an oncologyenvironment preferred.
AboutSSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regionalreferral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioralmedicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown OklahomaCity and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many countiesthroughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatientservice access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St.Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St.Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award forExcellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-valueHealthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony atperformance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than localcompetitors and many national health care organizations.