SSM Health Oklahoma
Patrols hospital grounds to protect welfare and property and ensures physical security of each facility. Maintains order and enforces traffic control, parking procedures, and tobacco free environment practices. Responds to disasters and other emergency situations, codes, and conditions. Directs patients, visitors and/or employees and answers questions relative to location of services.
- Patrol hospital and contract facilities by vehicle and on foot to prevent fire, theft, vandalism or other crimes, and to take appropriate action if necessary. Ensure security and integrity of buildings, offices, and structures. Lock and/or unlock offices and facilities as required. Report safety and security violations promptly. Conduct initial investigation of thefts, vandalism, auto incidents, and other incidents; follow-up on investigations as necessary. Prepare incidents reports accurately and completely.
- Operate vehicles in a safe fashion and in compliance with traffic rules and regulations. Perform vehicle inspections to ensure routine maintenance is completed and ensure safe operations. Assign parking decals to employees, physicians, and contract workers as required. Ensure compliance with parking policies; issue citations as necessary. Assist in parking audits as assigned. Assist motorists with disabled vehicles whenever possible.
- Answer phone and dispatch calls to officers fairly and efficiently. Complete all required activity and other logs and keep shift supervisor informed of activities, needs, and problems in assigned areas. Use 2-way radio systems and radio base station and utilize security 10-codes, when applicable, in communications. Observe the CCTV monitors, monitor alarm equipment and access control systems; take appropriate action as necessary. Ensure distraction-free workspace by limiting individuals at base station/office areas.
- Monitor the conduct of employees, patients and visitors on hospital/contract facilities premises. Approach and address individuals using tobacco products. Complete Tobacco Free Environment record and forward to appropriate supervisor. Confront unauthorized or suspicious persons, and take appropriate action as necessary. Escort patients, visitors, or employees to parking lots, vehicles, buildings, or other areas. Respond appropriately to inquiries for advice or assistance from patients, visitors, or employees. Secure patient valuables/lost property. Escort cashier and/or their money bags to the appropriate locations.
- Respond to Code Red alarms. Conduct fire drills and training on fire response, evacuation, and emergency response techniques, as assigned. Assist hospital fire crew in extinguishing fires. Assist or ask for assistance from law enforcement agencies and/or fire departments as necessary.
- Respond to emergency Alert Codes and Panic Alarms and render assistance if necessary. Participate in emergency situations and/or internal/external disasters, bomb threats, potential infant security issues/abductions, severe weather conditions, etc. Perform security role as required for Incident Command System (ICS), decontamination teams and Hazwoper 1st Receiver Awareness/Operations.
- Identify and/or respond to situations where potential aggressive and/or violent acts exist or may emerge (i.e. employee terminations, eloped patients, standbys, etc). Maintain familiarity and competence in accepted behavior management philosophy of the hospital and accreditation agencies. Appropriately utilize custody and control techniques and equipment; initiate secure holding policy when appropriate for individuals requiring detainment for criminal activity and/or a secure environment.
- Ensure helipad/garage is prepared for landing upon notification of impending traffic. Assist in the arrival and transportation of medi/mast flight patients.
- Assist with the selection of new personnel. Participate in department orientation and act as mentor to new officers. Maintain and care for department-issued supplies and equipment. Inform supervisor of needs for same. Perform any other related duties as directed that correspond to this assigned job function.
- Foster, participate and is knowledgeable in Shared Accountability as defined at St. Anthony. Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own practice, continuing education, competency and quality. Participate in committees, teams, councils and work groups.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Current Oklahoma driver's license and driving record which meets hospital standards. Acceptable driving record (<5 points).
- CPR Heartsaver required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Licensure by the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) as a Security Guard is preferred. Peace Officer license may be substituted for Security Guard license as long as concurrent employment in Law Enforcement is maintained.
- Security or law enforcement experience preferred but not required.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.