SSM Health Oklahoma
Perform the role of surgical specialist in the surgery department and perform patient care activities as assigned to assist the Staff Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Anticipate and plan individualized care for the patient based on advanced knowledge of the surgical case and anticipate unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the surgical technologist role, both running the table and assisting the surgeon at an expert level on all types of specialty cases utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take responsibility for the maintenance and care of all specialty equipment and assist the team to meet both quality and efficiency outcomes.
- Prioritize effectively, implement high level problem solving skills and perform in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Demonstrate expertise in the operation and function of all instrumentation and equipment for all cases in specialty area.
- Maintain all specialty instrument sets, demonstrating understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and act as a resource and mentor to non-specialty staff on specialty equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Eighteen months of recent (past 3 years)surgical technician experience required.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Cardiovascular experience.
- Graduate from a school of surgical technology.
- Certified Surgical Technologist.
AboutSSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regionalreferral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioralmedicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown OklahomaCity and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many countiesthroughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. FourSt. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatientservice access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St.Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St.Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award forExcellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-valueHealthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony atperformance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than localcompetitors and many national health care organizations.