SSM Health Oklahoma
Utilize the nursing process in care delivery andprovide nursing leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates and/orscrubs all surgical cases.
- Anticipate and plan individualized care for the patient based on knowledge of the surgical case and anticipate unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the circulator role, utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment used.
- Prioritize effectively, implement problem solving skills and perform in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Coordinate patient care assignments to personnel supervised, considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used, patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff and physicians to anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Serve as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing expertise. Teaching and mentoring other less-experienced RNs and technicians.
- Perform other duties thatcorrespond to the overall functions of this position
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN) as a CNOR preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology,surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is locatedin Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well asmany counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network ofhospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergencyand outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitanarea. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North.St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Awardfor Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-valueHealthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performancelevels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors andmany national health care organizations.