Supervises and directs the activities on nursing units during a designated shift. Directly supervises and coordinates assignments, delegates responsibilities, and collaborates with physicians, nurse case managers, unit staff and internal and external entities toward delivery of patient care. Assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process. May float to other units. May be required to participate in on call status. This position requires age related competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Directs employee performance management (planning, monitoring, development, evaluation, and reward). Responsible for staff development; acts as an instructor when appropriate.
* Facilitates unit performance improvement process.
* Facilitates overall management of the staffing schedule.
* Supervises and coordinates the delegation and implementation of patient care of licensed and non-licensed personnel for their assigned shift/area, including delegated assignments, monitoring of patient care, facilitating problem solving, and education/training of staff and patients.
The RN's management of the delivery and documentation of patient care includes, but is not limited to:
* Development of the plan of care
* Implementation of appropriate patient care interventions; and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions.
IBMC Radiology Only:
* Responsible for Interventional supply inventory.
* Responsible for equipment repairs and equipment maintenance.
* Updates and monitors the completion or Interventional Radiology quality assurance measures.
Reports to the department director. Performs job duties in a manner that will ensure a physical environment free of hazards to self and others. Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care. Accountable for serving as a role model of the behaviors associated with the Love, Learn and Lead values. Effectively communicates with other departments in an effort to resolve issues ensuring efficient and optimal patient care outcomes. Promotes a positive work environment by redirecting negativity and being supportive of change efforts.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.