Hours are 11p - 7a Thursday - Saturday night. Duties include answering phones, assisting in procedures and processing instruments. May fill position for a Surgery Tech 2 or 3
The Surgical Technologist is an allied health professional who works with surgeons and other health care practitioners providing surgical care to patients in a variety of settings. The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Surgical technologists possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* The Surgical Technician responsiblities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintains the sterile field.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
* Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care and takes responsibility for ensuring patient safety during the operative procedure.
* Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
* Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
* Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure
* Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
* Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
* Helps in draping sterile field
* Passes instruments, sharps, etc., to surgeon during procedure
* Ensures proper disposition of surgical specimens and cultures
* Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
* Prepares sterile dressings
* Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
* Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
* Assists in prepping room for the next patient
* May retrieve and transport medications
For Lakeside Women's Hospital:
* Ensures all instruments are decontaminated and stored using the appropriate processes, solutions, supplies and equipment.
* Completes the necessary procedures for sterilization per manufacturer instructions and hospital procedures.
* Responsible for preparing and documenting sterilization process charts, logs and records per hospital and regulatory guidelines.
* Completes high level disinfectant process education annually, as applicable.
Reports to the assigned supervisor and Clinical Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
High exposure to hazardous risks and contaminants, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, lasers, radiology and fluoroscopy equipment, needle sticks, suction splashing, chemicals, cleaning solvents - Stat IV, sterilization chemicals, hexacholorophate, betadine and sharps and wet floors. Temperatures may vary in procedure environment, may stand on hard floors or platforms, exposed to a variety of interruptions, odor, and must wear universal protective clothing. May be required to work overtime, late shifts, weekends and be on call. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Hazards will be minimized if universal safety procedures are followed.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.