The Supervisor Diagnostic Services performs a variety of technical procedures which include applying ionizing radiation. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Supervisor Diagnostic Services responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Coordinates the routing of patient visits to and from the Radiology Department and oversees the scheduling of procedures in areas of responsibility during shift
* Supervises department staff, including hiring, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Ensures the quality of the radiographs and that the necessary computer functions are performed by the technologist for each examination to assure proper charging of procedures
* Ensures compliance with appropriate accreditation bodies and applicable guidelines
* Troubleshoots and resolves errors in Radiology reports as well as patient exam orders while personally correcting those orders when necessary
The Supervisor Diagnostic Services reports to the Chief Radiology Technologist and/or Operations Manager/Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Some possibility of injury to fingers in operating equipment by getting them caught in cassettes, bucky trays or film bin. Possibility of contamination or infection through accidental needle punctures; inhaling chemical fumes from processors while developing radiographs; exposure to radiation. Frequent contact with patients with contagious diseases and with electrical equipment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.