The Supervisor Food Service is responsible for patient and customer satisfaction including quality food production systems, accurate and timely patient tray assembly and delivery, and coordination of food production operation. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Supervisor Food Service responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supervises staff, including hiring, training, evaluating performance and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Plans, develops, coordinates, and supervises the operation of the kitchen to provide the highest quality cost effective foods on a consistent basis
* Oversees inventory, purchasing, and disbursement of all food and related supplies and conducts weekly physical inventory
* Provides and monitors training, education and development of employees within area of responsibility to include orientation, job training and personal development
* Assists in planning and development of departmental operating and capital budgets and monitors payroll and non-payroll expenditures for Food Service
* Ensures a safe environment and on-going compliance of all services with JCAHO, Federal, State, local, and other regulatory agencies
The Supervisor Food Service reports to assigned Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
May walk on wet floors. Handles food service equipment, hot pans, and hot palettes. Utilizes chemicals used in the cleaning operation. Hazards and adverse working conditions are minimal if standard precautions are used when necessary.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelors degree and 1 year experience; or Associates degree and 2 years experience; or High School diploma and 4 years experience.
* Bachelors or Associates degree in Food & Nutrition, Home Economics, or Hotel & Restaurant Management preferred
* Certified Executive Chefs, Registered Dietetic Technicians or Registered Dietitians preferred
* Knowledge to perform menu planning using a computerized software food management system
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)