The Case Manager Patient Care is responsible for all aspects of patient care in accordance with an established interdisciplinary plan of care and collaborates with other health professionals to plan, monitor and evaluate patient care. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Case Manager Patient Care responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs skilled nursing assessments and implements patient specific interventions for plan of care
* Manages/coordinates all aspects of home health services as assigned to patient and obtains authorizations for treatment prior to visit
* Coordinates and monitors all incoming lab results and notifies the appropriate physician of results and provides follow up as requested
* Processes new physician orders and updates appropriate patient team members regarding new physician orders
* Maintains a tracking-log relating to the status of patients with services on hold
* Performs admissions, assessments, recertifications, discharges and self-scheduling for all RN visits
* Works in collaborative practice with the LPN on patient visit assignments to promote quality patient care and outcomes
* Maintains and submits all required documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with agency and home health policies and procedures
The Case Manager Patient Care reports to the Clinical Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Associates or Bachelors degree in Nursing
* Current Oklahoma RN license
* Current CPR certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days of hire.
* 2 years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting
* Valid Oklahoma driver's license and automobile insurance verification
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.