The Registered Nurse assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process. May be required to float to other units and participate in on-call status. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Registered Nurse responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs to provide quality care to assigned patients
* Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient
* Evaluates the identified problems, care provided, and assesses patient responses to meet patient and family needs and ensure overall quality of care delivered
* Maintains up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team
* Supervises and coordinates the delegation and implementation of patient care of licensed and non-licensed personnel for their assigned shift/area
* Adheres to the Standard of Care and Practice of the Nursing Department
The Registered Nurse reports to the assigned department Team Lead(s), Clinical Director and/or Chief Nursing Officer-Assistant Vice President.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Job conditions may require moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections, communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury related to job duties and/or incidents of workplace violence. The staff Registered Nurse may be exposed to constant interruptions, noise and disagreeable odors. Requirement to float to other nursing units may occur.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current Oklahoma RN license
* Requires 1 year of experience
* Validation of competency in administration of medication
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
* Individual nursing units may require additional certifications for unit specialty
* Department specific competencies will be completed in the applicable department during the orientation process
Occasional Part Time