The Public Safety Armed Officer provides for the protection of personnel and property within the INTEGRIS Health buildings and on all contiguous grounds. The Public Safety Armed Officer must maintain a CLEET Armed Security Guard license and comply with the policies set forth by INTEGRIS and the State of Oklahoma for the safe and proficient utilization and maintenance of duty firearms. The Public Safety Armed Officer adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. The Public Safety Armed Officer may be required to float to other units and may be required to take calls.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Public Safety Armed Officer responsibilities include the capabilities to perform duties which include, but are not limited to the following:
* Conducts patrols by vehicle or on foot, ensures all property and facilities are secure, detects and takes proper action regarding unauthorized or illegal entry.
* Ensures that employee regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Controls pedestrian and vehicle traffic, ensures vehicles are secure and safe, provides assistance at helicopter pad during emergency, issues traffic citations.
* Conducts inspections and fire drills of facility and prevents, corrects or reports hazardous or unsafe conditions.
* Provides public services such as motorist and patient assists and escorts to vehicle upon request.
* Participates in Armed Intruder Training when assigned
* Assist clinical staff in the restraint of disruptive / violent patients.
* Detains criminal suspects for the police when appropriate.
* Serves as a leader on a security shift, providing guidance, motivation, mentoring, and assistance to other officers.
* Can be designated as a lead officer, in the absence of a shift sergeant.
* Coordinates closely with the sergeant to assist officers at crime or emergency scenes.
* Direct, instruct, and advise on technical security problems related to investigation and detention.
The Public Safety Armed Officer reports to the Public Safety Sergeant, Specialist and any higher ranking authority with overall supervision from the Public Safety Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Interacts in situations with combative persons. May participate in fire situations. Participates in bomb threat search. Work is performed inside building where hazardous chemicals and gases are present, as well as outside in all types of weather.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, 12 hours of college preferred.
* Basic and advanced certifications by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) within 90 days of obtaining the position.
* CLEET Certification in Armed Security or CLEET Certification in the COP Program required, however applicants with a COP Certification are required to obtain an Armed Security License within 90 days of accepting the position.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a security officer, police officer, correctional style officer, behavioral health experience or 2 years of military service.
* CPR certification preferred.
* Current Oklahoma Driver's License, with driving record acceptable to INTEGRIS Health insurance carrier.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively in order to communicate with staff/customers and assure technical compliance.