SSM Health Oklahoma
Account Representative is responsible for addressing patient inquiries relating
to insurance processing and account balances, assisting with loan program
coordination, serving as a point of contact and issue resolution with collection
agency vendors, and working patient account work queues. He/she is also responsible for identifying issue
trends and working with his/her supervisor, manager, and team to facilitate
root cause analysis and continuous process improvement.
- Utilizes Automated Call Distribution system to
receive and respond to telephone inquiries regarding all aspects of patient
accounts in a courteous manner.
- As requested, establishes patient payment plans
or refers patients to vendor loan program in accordance with established
- Refers patients to Financial Counselors, as
appropriate, for health benefits counseling or consideration for charity care
- As requested, monitors accounts placed with
collection agencies. Reviews and
responds to questions, reporting holds, cancellations, missed payment plans,
etc. Updates and maintains accounts by
correcting inaccurate agency referrals.
- Receives and responds to specific questions from
patients, collection agency vendors, attorneys, or others concerning patient
accounts. Documents all patient
interactions and updates in Epic.
Obtains all required HIPAA authorizations when discussing accounts with
individuals representing the patient/guarantor.
- Manages assigned patient work queues to ensure
timely account resolution.
- Responds to patient/guarantor questions received
via My Chart.
- Clearly, concisely, and accurately documents
patient concerns, questions, and account resolution steps in Epic to facilitate
comprehensive and accurate account history.
- As necessary, processes adjustments and cash
transfers and distributes payments.
Initiates refunds, reviews accounts for billing status, and responds to
requests for itemized statements.
- Follows all department policies and procedures,
desk level procedures, guidance documents, or other work tools designed to
ensure accuracy, especially those requiring use of appropriate payment or
- Reviews Epic, OnBase and other systems to obtain
required information such as referral/ authorization numbers, ABN or financial
responsibility form (FRF) capture, accident or work injury dates, etc.
- Meets established productivity and quality
- Keeps current with payer updates and apply
knowledge to assist in resolution of patient questions.
- Is watchful for issue trends and shares with
supervisor, managers, and team members to facilitate root cause analysis and
continuous process improvement.
- Works collaboratively with other PRO departments
to share feedback and ensure high functioning revenue cycle processes.
- Performs any special assignments, as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- At least 2 years of professional billing
experience, preferably in a multispecialty physician organization.
- At least 2 years of customer service experience,
preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of CPT-4, HCPCS, ICD-10 and
medical documentation requirements.
- Has knowledge of federal, state regulations and
payer rules as they pertain to professional fee billing.
the ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively manage assigned workload.
the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with solid
judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to confer with
customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about
charges for services, collect payments, make billing adjustments, and respond
to inquiries or complaints.
- Displays empathy and understanding when
interacting with patients and maintains composure in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written
communication skills and ability to convey positive and professional image.
- Has experience working in a professional billing
system, preferably Epic. Possess the ability
to type/data enter information in Epic accurately and efficiently.
SSM Health - System Office â€“
SSM Health is one of the largest
Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and
compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in
St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals
in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various
settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an
insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a
Our Mission: Through our
exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits
package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment
insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement
accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an
employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.