SSM Health Oklahoma
Under the supervision of the Staff Registered Nurse, Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, or Director, perform the role of surgical technician in the surgery department and perform patient care activities as assigned to assist the Staff Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Anticipate and plan routine care for the patient based on basic knowledge of surgical cases and anticipate some unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the surgical technologist role, both running the table and assisting the surgeon on all routine and basic surgery cases utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment.
- Demonstrate beginning prioritization skills, implement basic problem solving skills and with direction and prompting, perform within a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Demonstrate the operation and function of instrumentation and equipment for routine cases performed in surgery.
- Maintain instrument sets, demonstrating understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and share knowledge with less experienced staff on cases, equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Graduate from a school of surgical technology or equivalent experience as indicated by meeting experience requirement below.
- Two years of recent (past 3 years) surgical technician experience required.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver) required.
- Certified Surgical Technologist preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUESTÂ® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations