SSM Health Oklahoma
Assess, plan, organize and participate in rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and decrease or prevent deformity of patients suffering from disease or injury.
- Perform evaluation of referred patients in accordance with professional practice act and department policies and procedures. Review patient medical records, interview and assess patient, develop and document an individualized plan of care based on findings.
- Implement plan of care. Demonstrate competency in methods and modalities employed in assisting patient in reaching treatment goals. Demonstrate patient and/or family education activities as a component of treatment.
- Perform accurate and timely reporting of patient responses to evaluation and treatment. Complete all daily notations and charges, initial evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries within department parameters. Document patient education activities in accordance with department requirements. Complete relevant portions of interdisciplinary patient care documents in accordance with department requirements.
- Confer with medical, allied health, nursing staff, patients and their families regarding the patient's treatment goals and progress in treatment. Identify patient's strengths and successes as well as barriers to be overcome. Coordinate treatment program with therapy assistants and other services to enhance and maximize the patient's outcomes. Modify treatment plan as appropriate and document revisions.
- Confer with patient, their family, third party payors and vendors regarding specialized equipment and services required by the patient to enhance safety and performance following discharge. Obtain required authorization(s) from patient/family before sharing protected health information with outside parties. Complete necessary procedures in obtaining specialized equipment and services according to department guidelines.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Order and/or maintain inventory levels of department manager approved program materials and supplies. Periodically (at least annually) review and assess existing program(s), equipment and techniques utilized by department. Discuss with supervisor the status of current programs, equipment and technique. Make recommendations regarding improvements, additions, or deletions. Demonstrate an understanding of the financial impact of costs of goods and services on the department's ability to achieve its operating margin.
- Assist in the supervision of support personnel (techs) in a professional, objective manner, demonstrating courtesy and respect. Consistently utilize support staff according to your professional practice act, national professional development guidelines, and/or applicable laws and regulations. Provide consistent, effective, and constructive feedback to support staff. Delegate tasks in accordance with the department's needs, goals, and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing education and improvement by retaining membership in relevant professional organizations, reading pertinent publication, attending educational workshops and conferences, seeking out new knowledge through self-study activities and participating in hospital and department in service education programs as both presenter and attendee. Assist in/ provide clinical supervision to new employees, students and/or volunteers as requested.
- Keep abreast of advancements in the field by retaining membership in relevant professional organizations, reading pertinent publications, attending educational workshops/conferences, self-study, and participation in in-service education programs.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registered Physical Therapist by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hour a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than
5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin
tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various
body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
About SSM St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital â€“
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.