The Emergency Patient Coordinator is responsible for data/order entry for the nursing and physician staff in the department, and from outside the area. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Emergency Patient Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Reviews patient charts, transcribes nurse/physician orders, and processes nurse/physician orders into the computer system
* Works directly with nursing and physician staff in and out of the ER to ensure prompt and proper flow of patient care
* Responds to patient intercoms (call-lights) promptly, relaying information to the appropriate personnel
* Updates patient records and patient logs in a timely manner during each shift
* Breaks down and assembles completed patient records and distributes them to other departments within the hospital
* Maintains and orders stock of office supplies and forms for the department as a whole
For Departments 2003475 & 2003485 only:
*Administers a variety of patient care and special procedures utilizing unique skills/training to this unit.
Operates a variety of specialized equipment requiring special knowledge, skills, and training unique to this unit.
The Emergency Patient Coordinator reports to the Clinical Director, Administrative Supervisor or Team Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1 year of experience providing clerical support within the healthcare field, including medical terminology
* 1 year of experience with billing and/or insurance including interpreting physician/nursing documentation preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English