The Staff Registered Nurse assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process May be required to float to other units. May be required to participate in on call status. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Staff Registered Nurse's management of the delivery and documentation of patient care includes, but is not limited to:
* Development of the plan of care
* Implementation of appropriate patient care interventions
* Evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions
* Supervises and coordinates other licensed and non-licensed personnel in the provision of care to patients as assigned
* Provides guidance and mentorship to non-licensed personnel and students, as appropriate
The Staff Registered Nurse reports to the appropriate manager, director, or vice president.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.
* BSN required
* Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days of hire.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
* 2 years of related work RN experience required.
* 2 years of full time LPN experience can be substituted for one year of RN experience. 2 years of part time RN experience can be substituted for one year of RN experience.
*BSN degree required for RN 3 only - effective Oct 2, 2016 for new hires due to implementation of RN level compensation changes.)
* Department specific competencies will be completed in the applicable department during the orientation process
Current CPR required rather than BLS. Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN) preferred.
Valid driver's license in the state where employed, available and dependable transportation, ability to drive automobile,and proof of current automobile liability insurance.
* Current ACLS certification required.
* This job requires the incumbent(s) to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
* This job prefers, if needed, the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Emergency Department Only:
* PALS certification must be completed within 12 months of hire.
* ACLS certification completed within 6 months of hire.