The Transfer Center Coord RN is responsible for coordinating patient care needs by facilitating patient placement in the appropriate nursing unit utilizing pre-established criteria and consulting with members of the interdisciplinary team. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Transfer Center Coord RN responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs telephonic patient triage, discharge follow-up with physicians and patients and disease management programs
* Coordinates with outlying regional physicians and hospitals assisting with physician consultation, transfer and coordination of patient ground/air transport
* Collaborates frequently with ER, PACU and bed boards to keep abreast of possible admissions/transfers
* Collaborates with the Bed Assignment/Staffing Group, Patient Placement Coordinator or Administrative Supervisor per shift to determine census and acuity
* Collaborates and problem solves regarding bed availability, patient acuity/needs, and problematic situations with the Administrative Supervisor and Clinical Manager
* Receives/obtains the admission orders for admissions and ensures that orders are sent to the appropriate nursing unit
* Advises the physician when information is obtained that may change the bed request, ETA, or treatment upon arrival
* Maintains the physician standing orders file
* Participates in educational programs to maintain or increase job skills
* Assists with the orientation of new employees
Reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
This position may be exposed to any patient disease or infection. Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized. Work involves frequent exposure to adverse conditions such as disagreeable odors, cluttered work areas, noise, interruptions, physical exertion, emergency conditions and extensive, sometimes lengthy documentation. Stress levels increase with high call volume. Position requires considerable amount of sitting with extensive work at the computer, performing data entry, referrals, report production and statistical reports. Requires close mental, visual and auditory attention in all phases of work.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
* Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred
*Nurses with ICU or ED experience preferred
*EMS experience preferred
* 4 years RN experience
* 8 years EMT Dispatching experience in lieu of RN experience
* Experience as a lead/charge nurse or with placement or care of critically ill patients preferred
* 2 years computer and telephone system experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)