The RN Administrative Supervisor collaborates across department lines to maintain optimal patient care and helps ensure that the facility is functioning well. This position requires population specific competencies. Represents Medical Center Administration in their absence. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The RN Administrative Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Receives report and interacts with Clinical Directors as needed to provide continuity in management activities
* Provides consultation and supervision of staff in absence of department director
* Assesses overall activity level of the patient care units and coordinates bed availability with Bed Assignment and staffing Coordinators
* Arranges for special services such as on-call personnel or services from a department not ordinarily on call
* Responds to and documents department incidents and emergencies and sends copy to responsible department head
* Documents outstanding shift activities and pertinent information to Vice President and Division Director through daily written reports
* Assists with difficult or specialized nursing procedures
* Determines need for Divert Status with Administrator on call
The RN Administrative Supervisor reports to the Lead RN Administrative Supervisor.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposure to infections or communicable diseases not always known by supervisor prior to patient contact (daily). Moderate exposure to infectious blood and body fluid needle sticks, possible hazardous chemicals and radiation, inhalation gas (OR) or electrical shock. Risk of back strain or other injury when assisting, lifting or transporting patients. Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized. Must wear universal protective clothing when appropriate.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
Candidate will be required to float to other units of the hospital, work other shifts, and may work weekends.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.
* Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days of hire
* ACLS Certification within 90 days of hire
* 2 years experience providing direct patient care
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Occasional Part Time