The Lab Tech Clinic collects specimens; conducts routine lab tests used in diagnosis and treatment of disease; performs EKGs, exercise stress tests, Holter monitors, pulmonary function tests; and injects contrast media on x-ray procedures. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Lab Tech Clinic responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Collects urine, blood, feces, and other body fluids for analysis
* Stores and arranges for transportation of tests in accordance with guidelines using appropriate requisition and laboratory as required by established procedures
* Administers test as requested by provider
* Provides assistance, guidance, and instruction to aid in training personnel in clinical area and assist clients with questions
The Lab Tech Clinic reports to Clinical Supervisor and Clinic Business Office Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Health hazards are small if adherence with universal precautions. Possible exposure to body fluids, such as urine, blood, sputum, needlesticks, and soiled linens which may result in contacting communicable diseases. Exposed to alcohol, potassium hydroxide, acetone, and Clorox. Providing services to sick and injured patients who may be upset and in pain and are demanding quick service regardless of the current patient load. Exposed to a variety of constant interruptions. Handling body fluids that may be disagreeable. Required to wear universal precautions, such as gloves, apron, goggles, face shields, etc.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 60 hours college credits in Medical Technologist field, or ASCP certification as a Med Technologist or licensed as a LPN or RN, or vocational or military training as a Lab Technician preferred
* 3 years clinical experience as a Lab Technician; 1 year experience accepted with 60 hours of college credits in Medical Technologist field, or ASCP certification as a Med Technologist or licensed as a LPN or RN
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English