The Supervisor supervises employees and processes for a designated department, shift and/or location. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
The Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Compiles and directs the preparation of any reporting needs as they relate to the department
* Evaluates and streamlines processes and assists with implementation and training
* Collaborates with patients, families and physicians on estimates for procedures
* Contacts insurance companies, physicians, and patients to verify insurance information in order to meet contractual requirements and decrease risk of financial loss
* Supervises department staff, including hiring, scheduling training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Achieves specific revenue cycle targets and goals
* Utilizes performance improvement process and scorecard feedback to effect change
* Ensures completion of admitting functions including, but not limited to: scheduling outpatient procedures, registering, reviewing, and entering patient charges for billing purposes, identifying and tracking missing charge items, correction charge errors on patient accounts, and organizing inter-operative records for storage
The Supervisor reports to the appointed Director or Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Minimal. Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids. Must follow standard precautions as needed.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
Job Code: 0862
* 2 years college coursework, college degree in related field preferred
* 2 years of experience in related field may be substituted for college
* 1 year supervisory experience preferred
* Bilingual Spanish (verbal/written) preferred
* 2 years of experience in healthcare financial or medical assistance program
* Experience in admitting, billing, or health insurance industry preferred
* Knowledge of legal documents, full disclosure laws, credit analysis, and the fair debt collection practices preferred
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Knowledge of admitting/registration process, insurance verification and operations