Completes work assignments and activities of the General Maintenance Department. Assists in preventative maintenance tasks, general work orders, and repair activities of buildings, grounds, and utilities; works under the direction of the Property Maintenance Director. Performs tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with The Children's Center Rehabilitation Hospital's Mission, Vision, Values and Standards.
Education: High School graduate or GED. Specialized training in various trades and systems related to Physical Plant, i.e., Plumbing, Heat & Cooling and/or Electrical.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
Ability to speak, understand, read and write English required.
Experience: At least 5 years of Commercial or Hospital experience.
Licenses/Certification: Journeyman Plumbers License and a valid State Driver's License required.
1. Assures that all general maintenance tasks are completed and recorded as instructed.
2. Assists in annual inspections of smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, boilers, etc
3. Inspects building and grounds to ensure compliance with established standards and regulations, and appropriate Safety and Emergency Procedures.
5. Maintains accurate records of all preventative maintenance performed.
6. Maintains close working relationship with Property Management/Security Director.
7. Maintains the Maintenance office (and storage areas) and electrical rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
8. Orders and maintains an adequate amount of supplies; maintains accurate inventory of all equipment and supplies; stores all equipment and supplies in an orderly fashion.
9. Performs job task according to established standards.
10. Prioritizes repair and maintenance work to minimize disruption of hospital operations.